Animation Fundamentls FINAL PROJECT SEQUENCE- Action Animatior
ZHOU XINYI / 0378623
Animation Fundamentls
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Table of Content
1.Instruction
2.Process Work
3.Feedback
4.reflection
1.Instruction
2.Process Work
2.1Reference
I searched for references of industrial staircases, dark laboratory environments and frame-by-frame rabbit animations. These references helped me design the background structure, colour palette and character movement for my animation.
I started by drawing the background line art in Adobe Animate. I separated the stairs, railings and other background elements into different layers to make colouring and editing easier later.
Fig2.2.1Process
After completing the line art, I added basic colours to the background and character. I also adjusted the Alpha value of some layers to create more depth and a darker atmosphere.Fig2.2.2Process
I created the rabbit animation using frame-by-frame animation. I added key poses and in-between frames, then adjusted the timing to make the movement smoother and more natural.Fig2.2.3Process
I started by creating the rough animation in Adobe Animate using simple sketches. At this stage, I focused on the overall movement and timing instead of clean linework. I adjusted the key poses and spacing to make the jump feel more natural before refining the animation.
After finishing the rough animation, I created the tie-down version by drawing cleaner and more consistent lines. I refined the character's body proportions and details while keeping the movement from the rough animation.
2.3Final Work
Fig2.2.4Process
After finishing the rough animation, I created the tie-down version by drawing cleaner and more consistent lines. I refined the character's body proportions and details while keeping the movement from the rough animation.
Fig2.2.5Process
Finally, I imported the background artwork into Adobe Animate and applied a camera movement using Motion Tween. I added an Ease In Out effect to create a smoother camera movement and improve the sense of depth, making the scene feel more cinematic.
Fig2.3.1Final Work
3.Feedback
Week 10
During Week 10, there was no formal class. The consultation session allowed students to ask questions, review their work, and receive guidance for further improvements.
Week 11
During Week 11, it was a consultation week. I continued working on my animation project and made progress based on my own schedule. There was no new feedback from the lecturer during this week.
week12
This week was a consultation week.
Week13
During Week 13, the lecturer reviewed my animation exercises. The lecturer noticed that my EXS1 video was missing from my presentation, so I added it to complete the submission. The lecturer also reviewed my walk cycle and jump animation. I was advised that the character's heel was not touching the ground properly during the walk cycle. In addition, the take-off pose in the jump animation needed further adjustment to make the movement look more natural and smoother.
week14
The lecturer said that my work was well developed and the overall result was good. The main ideas were clear, and the visual style was consistent. There were no major changes needed at this stage. I only needed to check some small details, improve the final presentation, and make sure all the required materials were included before the final submission.
4.reflection







Comments
Post a Comment