Project 1: Motion Graphics Exercise 2 – Kinetic Typography

 

 ZHOU XINYI / 0378623

Animation Fundamentls

 Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media

Table of Content

1.Instruction
2.Process Work
3.Feedback
4.reflection
1.Instruction
2.Process Work

2.1process

I first created the walk cycle frames on my iPad using rough sketches to focus on the movement and timing of the character. A total of 14 frames were drawn, with attention given to the key poses and weight shifts during the walk cycle. The rough drawings helped me experiment with the character’s motion before refining the animation.

After completing the drawings, I exported all the frames as PNG images and imported them into Adobe Animate. I then arranged the frames in sequence on the timeline, adjusted the timing, and tested the playback to ensure the movement appeared smooth and natural. This process allowed me to visualize the animation more clearly and prepare it for further refinement in the tie-down stage.

Fig2.1.1process

Fig2.1.2process
Fig2.1.2process

2.2Final Work

Fig2.2.1Final Work

3.Feedback
week8
During Week 8, the lecturer explained the requirements and expectations for the final project, including the production process and the materials needed for submission. The lecturer also demonstrated how to create a background layout, focusing on composition, perspective, and scene development. This session helped me gain a clearer understanding of how backgrounds contribute to storytelling and atmosphere in animation.
4.reflection

This project helped me gain a better understanding of the workflow of creating a walk cycle animation. I first drew the rough frames on my iPad and then imported them into Adobe Animate to arrange the timing and sequence. Through this process, I learned the importance of key poses, spacing, and timing in creating natural character movement.

Although some parts of the animation still need improvement, I was able to see how the character's weight shift and body movement affect the overall flow of the walk cycle. This project also improved my confidence in combining digital drawing tools with animation software, and it provided valuable experience for future animation projects.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography - Final Compilation & Reflection