
ZHOU XINYI / 0378623
Animation Fundamentls
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Table of Content
1.Instruction
2.Process Work
3.Feedback
4.reflection
1.Instruction
2.Process Work
2.1Process
I created the jump animation frames on my iPad using rough sketches to explore the character’s movement and timing. The animation was developed based on the key poses of a jump cycle, including the normal pose, anticipation pose, push-off, airborne action, landing, and follow-through poses.
After completing the rough drawings, I exported the frames and imported them into Adobe Animate. I arranged the images on the timeline, adjusted the frame timing, and tested the animation playback to improve the smoothness and flow of the movement. Through this process, I focused on showing the character’s weight, body movement, and the impact of the jump before preparing for the tie-down stage.
Fig2.1.1Process
2.2Final work
Fig2.2.1 Final Work
3.Feedback
week8
During Week 8, the lecturer explained the requirements and expectations for the final project, including the production process and the materials needed for submission. The lecturer also demonstrated how to create a background layout, focusing on composition, perspective, and scene development. This session helped me gain a clearer understanding of how backgrounds contribute to storytelling and atmosphere in animation.
Week 9
During Week 9, there was no formal class. Students attended a consultation session to discuss their project progress and receive feedback from the lecturer.
4.reflection
This project helped me further understand the principles of animation, especially the importance of timing, anticipation, and follow-through in creating a jump action. By designing the key poses of the jump cycle, I learned how body movement and weight changes can affect the feeling and energy of the animation.
During the process, I used my iPad to create the rough animation frames and then imported them into Adobe Animate for timing adjustment and playback testing. This workflow allowed me to focus more on the character’s movement and improve the overall flow of the animation.
Through this project, I also realized that small details, such as body compression before jumping and the movement after landing, are important to make the animation feel more natural and dynamic. This experience improved my understanding of character animation and helped me build more confidence in creating future animation projects.
Comments
Post a Comment