Project 2: Compositing Exercise 2 – VFX Compositing

  ZHOU XINYI / 0378623

Motion Graphics & Compositing

 Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media

Table of Content

1.Instruction
2.Process Work
3.Feedback
4.reflection

1.Instruction 


2.Process Work

2.1Process

First, I created the 3D scene in Blender and imported the robot model. I adjusted the robot’s position, scale, and animation so that it would land naturally on the ground. I also set up the camera and lighting to achieve a better composition.

After completing the animation in Blender, I exported the sequence and imported it into After Effects for post-production. In After Effects, I added visual effects such as a ground crack when the robot landed, along with smoke and dust effects to make the impact look more realistic. Finally, I adjusted the timing and composited all the effects together to create a more dynamic and cinematic result.

2.2Final work

Fig2.2Final Work

Yutobe Link

3.Feedback

Week7

During this week’s class, the teacher introduced us to the basic functions and interface of Blender. We learned simple operations such as moving objects, adjusting the camera, scaling, and navigating the 3D workspace. The class helped me become more familiar with using 3D software for the first time.

As part of the practice exercise, the teacher asked us to place a small rocket model in an open area around the school environment. This activity helped us understand how to combine 3D objects with space and perspective while experimenting with scene composition in Blender.

Week8

During Week 8, the lecturer introduced the basic visual effects in Blender and demonstrated how to create simple effects such as smoke, dust, and object interactions. The lecturer also explained how these effects could be combined with animation to make scenes more realistic. This helped me understand the workflow and prepared me for creating the effects needed in my final project.

week9

Absent

4.reflection

This week, I was introduced to Blender and learned the basic tools and controls of the software. At first, the interface looked complicated, but after following the teacher’s demonstration, I became more familiar with moving objects, scaling, camera adjustment, and navigating in a 3D environment.

The small rocket exercise also helped me understand how 3D objects interact with space and perspective. Through this activity, I realized that composition and camera angles are important in creating a more realistic and visually interesting scene. Overall, this class gave me a better understanding of 3D design and made me more interested in exploring Blender further.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography - Final Compilation & Reflection